- 1 1/2 cup Cobram Classic
- 100ml mil
- 4 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup dutch cocoa powder, extra for dusting.
Chocolate Extra Virgin Olive Oil frosting
- 1 tspn olive oil
- 2 tbls unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tspn dutch cocoa powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Using an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar until pale and sugar has dissolved.
- Combine flours and cocoa powder and sift together.
- Fold into egg mixture.
- Gradually add olive oil and milk and mix until well combined.
- Bake for approximately 35 – 40mins
- Cool on cake rack.
- Evenly cut the top of the cake.
- Turn cake upside down and spread icing over evenly.
- Dust with remaining cocoa powder
Chocolate Extra Virgin Olive Oil Frosting
- In a tall container using a bar mix. Blend all ingredients together until is forms a smooth paste.