- 3 sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (500g)
- 1 large head of garlic, top cut off
- 3 tablespoons Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 120g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini, well stirred
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Handful of pepitas
- Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180oC . Place the prepared head of garlic in a square of foil, drizzle with1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, then seal the foil.
- Place the sweet potato halves, skin down, on a lined backing tray. Score the flesh of the potatoes. Drizzle with remainder of the extra virgin olive oil and season to taste. Add the foil parcel to the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes and garlic have softened and cooked through. Allow sweet potatoes to cool enough to handle.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potatoes and push the garlic from its skin and place all in the bowl of a food processor. Add the remainder of the ingredients for the hummus and blitz until smooth.
- Place prepared hummus in a large serving bowl and top with an extra sprinkle of paprika, pepitas and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with crusty bread, vegetables and your favourite biscuits.