- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 2 oranges, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1.5kg whole chicken, butterflied*
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to180oC. Line a large roasting pan and place the onions and citrus wedges across the base in a single layer to create a base for the chicken to sit on.
- Place butterflied chicken on a work surface and coat well with the extra virgin olive oil. Rub the entire chicken with the seasoning mix. Place the chicken on top of the citrus and onion and cover tightly with a layer of baking paper then foil ensuring a tight seal.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove the foil and paper cover, turn oven up to200oC, and bake for a further 15 minutes or until internal temperature of breast reaches75oC. and skin is crisp. Remove the chicken from the pan, place on carving surface and lightly cover with foil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the citrus crumb by heating extra virgin olive oil in a large fry pan.
- Add the panko breadcrumbs,stirring constantly, cooking crumbs until golden. Place crumbs in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and combine well. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, arrange the chicken on a serving platter, top with a generous sprinkle of the citrus crumb and a generous drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
*To butterfly a chicken, place chicken on a cutting surface breast side down.
Using scissors, cut along each side of the backbone and remove completely.
Turn chicken breast side up and press down firmly in the middle of the breast to flatten. This will allow for even cooking.