- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 200g cottage cheese
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled
- 60g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 sheets puff pastry, partially thawed
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Heat Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Whisk 1 egg in a large mixing bowl. Add the cottage cheese, feta cheese, cheddar cheese, grated carrot, nutmeg and cooked spinach. Mix well to combine.
- Crack the second egg into a small bowl and lightly whisk.
- Place the partially thawed pastry sheets onto your bench and cut in half lengthways to make 4 rectangles. Brush the edges of the pastry with a little of the whisked egg.
- Place one-quarter of the spinach mixture in a log shape along 1 long side of a piece of pastry. Roll up to enclose. Cut each roll into 3 pieces and place, seam side down, on the prepared tray. Brush tops with extra whisked egg, spray gently with Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from our friends at The Biting Truth.