- 4 large apples
- ½ grapefruit, juice and zest
- 200g rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup of Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-star anise
- 50 g almonds, toasted and chopped
- 50g pecans, toasted and chopped
- 750g almond milk
- 125ml honey, plus extra for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 190 C, grease 1 proof dish, around 20 cm in length, and line 1 baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice two of the apples in half and place them on the prepared baking tray, drizzle over ¼ cup of Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon.
- Grate two of the apples, and place into a large bowl with oats, baking powder, salt, Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the remaining cinnamon, ginger and ¾ of the chopped nuts; almond and pecans. Stir until well combined.
- Mix almond milk with the honey and zest of the grapefruit, plus the remaining grapefruit juice. Tip oat and apple mix in to the greased dish. Pour over almond milk mixture, arrange apple slices on top, drizzle with extra Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil; Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the porridge is golden and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with remaining nuts, and a drizzle of honey.