Banana & Chia Bread
- 1 ¾ wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a medium loaf tin with baking paper.
- Gently combine flour, cinnamon and chia seeds in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed bananas, vanilla extract, milk, eggs, Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and honey.
- Gradually fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture and mix to combine (note: be careful not to overmix as this will lead to a heavy batter).
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean (note: check after 45 minutes and then every 5 minutes to ensure it does not overcook).
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool before cutting into slices.