- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup puffed rice
- ⅓ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ¼ cup coconut, desiccated
- ¼ cup dates, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sultanas, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Combine the oats, puffed rice, flour, coconut, dried fruit and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the honey. Then, add melted honey and Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the puffed rice mixture and stir until well combined (note: add water or extra virgin olive oil if mixture is too dry).
- Spoon mixture into prepared tray and press mixture using a spoon to even the surface.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely in pan. Turn out and cut into rectangular bars to serve in the lunchbox.
Recipe from our friends at The Biting Truth.