- 1 butterfly leg of lamb (ask your butcher to do it for you)
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Reserve Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 Tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped mint
- Remove as much fat from the deboned lamb as possible.
- In a small bowl mix Cobram Estate Reserve Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic, chilli paste, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, ground cumin, paprika, rosemary and mint.
- Rub meat all over with this marinade then cover with plastic film or foil and marinate in the fridge overnight or for at least six hours.
- Cook lamb on a medium barbecue for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Rest the meat for 10 minutes before slicing it.
- Season with a little salt and serve with your favourite salad.
- For additional flavour season with a little Cobram Estate Reserve Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil before serving.
This is one of our favourite ways of preparing a family barbecue and it’s better if you can marinate the meat overnight. We love to serve it with a green salad or some tabouli.