- 2 medium eggplants, top removed
- 1 red capsicum, top removed, seeded
- 2 zucchini, top trimmed
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 750g tomato based pasta sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 500g fresh ricotta
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Rocket salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 3 large oven trays with baking paper. Slice eggplant into 1cm thick discs and arrange in a single layer on 2 of the prepared trays. Slice capsicum into thick strips, and slice zucchini lengthways into long ribbons about 1cm thick. Arrange on remaining tray. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season. Roast vegetables for 15 minutes. Remove zucchini and set aside on a plate. Flip over remaining vegetables and roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Spread about ¼ cup of the pasta sauce over base of a large baking dish about 30cm long x 25cm wide x 5cm high. Arrange a third of the eggplant, a third of both the spinach and basil, all of the capsicum, a third of both the pasta sauce and ricotta on top. Repeat with eggplant, a third of both the spinach and basil, all of the zucchini, a third of the pasta sauce and a third of the ricotta. Top with remaining eggplant, spinach, basil, pasta sauce and ricotta. Pour ¼ cup water over the top. Cover tray with baking paper, then cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Increase oven to 200ºC. Remove paper and foil and scatter with mozzarella. Cook for a further 20 minutes or until golden. Serve garnished with basil, with rocket salad on the side.