- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup Cobram light extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground tray roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. table salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium oranges plus a quarter of its juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of dark chocolate, chopped
- salt flakes and candied orange peel for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius, and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the hazelnut meal and almond meal, flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- With a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed until the well combined. It will have started to lighten in colour at this point.
- Add in the combined flour, almond and hazelnut meals, plus the ground coriander seeds, orange zest and the orange juice. Turn down the mixer to a slower speed and slowly start adding the flour. Once the 2 cups are added, the dough will still be quite sticky. Turn the dough on to work bench, and knead in the remaining flour until the dough comes together, and is no longer sticky.
- Roll in to a ball, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour. Remove from fridge, and on a floured surface, roll in to disc about 0.5 cm thick.
- Using a round 8 cm cook cutter, cut out cookies, and place them on the lined baking trays. As the dough is rolled and worked it may start to become sticky again, add more flour as it seems fit, and continue to flour the work surface.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transfer to a wire rake to cool.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler, and dip half the cookie in the chocolate, allow to cool before sprinkling sea salt flakes and orange zest or candied orange peel.