- 250 g 70% chocolate, roughly chopped
- 150 ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100 ml espresso, at room temperature
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 250 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 30 g Dutch process cocoa powder
- Pure icing sugar, to serve
- Double cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 23cm round springform tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Allow to cool briefly then whisk in the extra virgin olive oil and the espresso. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the eggs and sugar and beat on a medium-high speed for 4-5 minutes, or until pale and voluminous. Reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla, salt and cocoa powder. Increase the speed again to medium-high and beat for a further minute. Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined, or alternatively fold in using a spatula.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or until the top of the cake is set but with a little wobble.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin. For a more gooey cake, eat at room temperature, or for a fudgier texture, refrigerate. Before serving, dust generously with icing sugar and serve with double cream.