- 400g chicken breast, skinless
- 2 tbs Cobram Estate Robust flavour intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs paprika (hot or smoked)
- Juice of a lime
- Pinch of salt flakes
- 2 tbs tomato paste, no added salt
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into strips
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- 8 wholemeal tortillas
- 1 avocado, mashed with juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Cos lettuce
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 80g cheddar cheese, grated
- Bowl of jalapeno chillies
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips and pace in a bowl. Add 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil along with the garlic, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, lime juice, salt and tomato paste. Stir to combine and coat the chicken. Cover and pop in the fridge to marinate, preferably for at least an hour. (If you don’t have time for this don’t worry – it will still be superbly tasty cooked straight away).
- Heat a large, wide flat-bottomed pan (or a wok) over moderate to high heat and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Add the chicken to the pan and stir until the chicken is sealed on all sides. Add the red onion and capsicum, stir and cover with a lid for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the veggies to soften and the chicken to cook through. Remove the lid and allow the sauce to reduce so there is only a little left in the pan.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 140°C. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 mins, timing this for when you want to eat. Mash the avocado with a little lemon juice and place in a bowl. Grate the cheese and place in a bowl. Separate the lettuce into leaves, wash and place in a bowl. Place all of these in the middle of the table, along with bowls of salsa, yoghurt and jalapeno chillies. Wrap the tortillas in a clean tea towel to keep warm on the table.
- Give the chicken mix a final stir, sprinkle with the fresh coriander and place the pan on a mat in the centre of the table alongside the other dishes.
- Gather the family around the table and have fun building your fajitas just as you like them!