- 600g pork mince
- 2 green shallots, very finely chopped, plus extra 2 very finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp kecap manis, plus extra 1 Tbsp
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, very finely chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, very finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250g rice noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 baby radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs (we used a mixture of coriander and thai basil)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- To make meatballs, combine pork, shallots, garlic, ginger and kecap manis in a large bowl. Roll a Tbsp of mixture into a ball and repeat to make 32 meatballs, set aside on a plate then refrigerate for 15 minutes to slightly firm.
- Combine lemongrass, kaffir lime, fish sauce, extra kecap manis and 1 Tbsp water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make dressing, put all ingredients in a jar. Seal with a lid and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and cook meatballs for 14 minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown and thoroughly cooked through. Add lemongrass mixture and cook for a further 1 minute until sauce is hot and meatballs are coated in sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles following packet instructions. Drain well then transfer to a large serving bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss to coat.
- Put meatballs and pan sauces, bean sprouts, carrot, cabbage, radish and extra green shallots on a large serving platter. Scatter with peanuts, herbs and lemon wedges. Serve immediately so you can create your very own meatball salad and noodle bowls.