- 300g fresh Lasagne Sheets
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 gloves garlic
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 zucchini, diced,
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- half cup of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120gm butter
- 90 gm flour
- 4 cups milk, at room temperature
- salt and pepper, to season
1. First in a large heavy set pan, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil before adding in the diced carrot, zucchini, onion, mushrooms and leek. Season. Cook for 15 minutes to allow to cook through before adding in baby spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted. Take off heat, remove a quarter of the mixture and blend until spoon mix back through the whole diced vegetables and set aside.
2. Next make the tomato sauce, by heating Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a saucepan first add can of tomatoes cook for a few minutes before adding garlic and the halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for 8-10 minutes on a low heat. Remove from heat and stir through chopped basil. Set aside.
3. To make béchamel sauce, combine flour and butter in a cold saucepan over a low heat. Whisk until it starts to brown. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Season and remove from heat.
4. To assemble the lasagne, first spoon some of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a rectangle lasagne dish, then top with 3 sheets of lasagne, cut down if need be. Then place half the vegetable mix followed by tomatoes sauce, followed by some béchamel followed by more lasagne sheets, repeat to use up the remaining vegetable mixture. Finish with a final layer of lasagne sheets, and the rest of the cheese sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and grated parmesan.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until the pasta has soften and the top with golden and bubbling. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.