- 1.5 L chicken stock
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 100g snow peas, halved
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 skinless boneless salmon fillets, pan-fried
- ¼ cup Basil Pistachio Pesto or store bought basil pesto
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Put stock in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, remove from heat then cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and rice, cooking until rice begins to turn translucent. Add hot stock ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon only adding more once stock has been absorbed. Continue cooking, stirring and adding stock until all stock has been used. This should take about 20 minutes in total.
- Meanwhile, steam asparagus, zucchini and snow peas until just tender.
- Remove risotto from heat and stir in parmesan and lemon zest. Season. Top with steamed vegetables, roughly broken pan-fried salmon fillets, a dollop of pesto and scattering of basil leaves. Serve.