- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (2/3 cup milk with 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Preheat the oven to 150°C (fan forced).
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to mix the apple sauce, EVOO, and sugar together until
- blended together. Add in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined. Be sure to scrape the sides and
- the bottom of the bowl to make sure everything gets mixed in.
- Fill each cupcake liner to about 2/3 full. Bake at 150°C for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted
- into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and leave in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to
- cool completely before icing with your favourite icing.