- 8 portobello mushrooms, central stalk removed (use this in another dish)
- 1 baby eggplant, sliced lengthways
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 tb balsamic vinegar
- 400g firm tofu
- 1 small sweet potato, scrubbed with skin on and sliced thinly
- 1 tb Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 60g parmesan cheese
- 50g walnuts
- 1/2 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
1. To make the pesto: place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean jar and store into the fridge. This amount will make more than you need for this recipe.
2. Mix the Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and vinegar together and brush the tofu and all the vegies with the mix. Heat a chargrill plate and grill them all for a few minutes until nicely golden.
3. Layer one mushroom on the bottom of each plate and then layer over the vegie slices, tofu and drizzles of pesto, finishing with a second mushroom to create a 'burger'. Serve immediately.