- 1/4 red chili
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. coriander
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200-250g good quality beef steak – sirloin, grilled and thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- ½ tbsp. Thai basil leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 small red onion very finely sliced
- ½ a cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, lightly packed
- Extra coriander and mint leaves and Thai basil
- Place chili, garlic, coriander and a small pinch of salt into a mortar and pestle. Grind until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients. Adjust sugar, lime juice and fish sauce to taste. Set aside.
- Drizzle the beef with 1/2 tbsp. of Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both sides, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Preheat a skillet over high heat and grill the steak until medium rare, around 5 minutes on both sides. Take off heat and transfer to a plate, cover with foil to rest.
- While the meat is resting, combine the remaining salad ingredients and toss till all combined. Slice the beef thinly against the grain add to the bowl with the salad. Pour over dressing and toss gently.
- Pile the salad onto serving plate. Garnish with extra herbs.