- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 whole celeriac (600g), peeled and diced (alternatively you can use the same weight of cauliflower)
- 1 head of broccoli (210g), roughly chopped including the stalk
- 1 bunch of watercress (185g), washed & roughly chopped
- 1 bunch spinach (200g), washed & roughly chopped
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups (1/2L) vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp iodised salt
- Heat a large saucepan, add the extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onions, ginger and garlic and celeriac over medium low heat for a few minutes until onions are translucent and celeriac is starting to brown.
- Add the stock, water, salt and pepper bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the broccoli and cook a further 4-5 minutes until tender. Add watercress and spinach, put the lid on and cook only until the leaves wilt. Do not let the soup cook for too long at this point or you’ll lose the lovely bright green colour.
- Transfer to your Vitamix or other blender and process until smooth and creamy. You will probably have to do this in two batches.
- Pour into a bowl and, provided you’re not dairy-free, add a dollop of natural yoghurt or crumble over some feta cheese. Garnish with fresh flat leaf parsley.