- 80ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 55g fresh basil leaves
- 55g pine nuts, plus 1 tbsp extra for garnish
- 15g finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus extra for serving
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 spaghetti
- Salt and cracked black to taste
- Pick basil leaves from the stems and set aside in a bowl.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the pine nuts, stirring and shaking frequently until golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Grate the Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Roughly chop the garlic cloves.
- Add the basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, chopped garlic, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle the Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the food processor. Continue to blitz until the desired consistency is reached(you may not need the full 80ml).
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions, reserving ½ a cup of water. Drain, allow to cool for 1 minute. Pour into a large bowl, add the pesto and ¼ cup of the pasta water. Toss to combine, adding more water if necessary. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately with extra grated cheese and toasted pine nuts if desired.
Note: If you don’t want to use the pesto immediately, pour the pesto into a sterilized jar or airtight container and keep in the fridge until ready to use.