- 4x 180 beef sirloin steaks
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea-salt flakes and freshly ground pepper, to season
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup baby capers
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Rub steaks with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook steaks for 5 minutes each side until browned and cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate for 5 minutes, covered loosely with foil.
- Meanwhile, in the same pan add onion, garlic, thyme, paprika, capers and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in parsley and season.
- Spoon onion mixture over steaks and serve with lemon wedges.