- 2 medium desiree potatoes
- 1/2 cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 x 180g beef rump steak
- 2 tsp mild steak seasoning
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- ½ cup beetroot relish
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 ciabatta rolls, spilt, grilled or toasted
- Baby cos lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Gherkins, to serve
- Put potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over high heat and cook for 6 minutes. Potatoes will still be a little firm. Remove from water and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Slice thinly into discs and toss in Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with steak seasoning and drizzle with Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue grill plate to high heat. Cook beef for 5 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking and cook onion, turning occasionally until softened slightly. Transfer beef to a plate and top with cheese. Cover loosely with foil, set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Transfer onions to a large bowl and add relish. Toss well, season.
- Meanwhile, grill potatoes for 5 minutes each side or until lightly charred and just tender. Season.
- Spread mayonnaise onto roll bases. Top each with lettuce, tomato, beef, onion mixture and roll top. Serve immediately with potato discs and gherkins if using.