- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon (depending on your taste)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 medium - large pears (reserve 2 to peel and slice for top of cake and one peeled and chopped the cake batter)
- 2 tablespoons of crystallised ginger
- Lemon juice for coating on pears to prevent browning
- Extra teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of raw sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
2. Prep a 23cm spring form cake tin with non stick baking paper on the base and grease the tin with butter and dust with flour.
3. Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and combine in a bowl.
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs and sugars to combine.
5. Pour Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
and vanilla into the egg mixture and combine well.
6. Add chrystallised ginger pieces, chopped pear and dry ingredients to egg/oil mixture and combine well.
7. Pour cake mixture into prepared cake tin. Place peeled slices of pear on top of batter.
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon and raw sugar.
9. Bake for 50-60 mins.
10. Cake is cooked when a skewer comes out clean and the top of cake is golden brown.