- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 eggs
- 4 x 125g chicken schnitzels (uncrumbed)
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, enough to shallow fry, plus extra 2 Tbsp
- Combine breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a wide shallow bowl. Put flour into a second wide shallow bowl then season. In a third wide shallow bowl, whisk eggs until foamy. Dip chicken one at a time to coat in flour, then egg mixture, then in breadcrumb mixture. Set aside on a baking paper-lined baking tray.
- Pour enough oil into a large heavy-based non-stick frying pan until oil comes 5mm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in 2 batches, cooking for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper towel.