- 400g penne pasta
- 8 thin sausages (your choice such as chicken, beef, lamb, pork or turkey)
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Grated tasty cheese or parmesan cheese, to serve
- Extra basil leaves, to serve
1. Cook penne in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick fry pan oven medium heat. Squeeze sausage filling from casings into meatball size pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until sausage pieces are golden and cooked through. Drain on a large plate lined with paper towel.
3. In the same fry pan, add Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic and onion. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Stir in chopped tomatoes, paste, carrot and zucchini.
4. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture has thickened slightly. Season generously. Return sausage to pan and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in drained penne and basil leaves.
5. Serve topped with cheese and extra basil leaves.