- 1kg Sebago (brushed) potatoes, peeled
- 100ml light extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slice smoked salmon
- Crème Fraiche
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
- Salmon roe (optional)
- Using a grater attachment to a food processor (or a simple box grater), shred the potatoes. Grab handfuls of potatoes and squeeze out excess starchy liquid. Season with salt and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of light extra virgin olive oil.
- Add oil to a 26cm non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add the potatoes pressing down to form a thin pancake-like shape that reaches the sides of the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip onto a plate and slide back into the pan and fry until the potato is cooked through and the rösti is crisp and golden brown. Drain on a paper towel. Season again with salt.
- Top rösti with smoked salmon, a dollop of crème fraiche and chives.
Recipe from Everyday Gourmet.