- 1 cob of corn
- 1 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 3 Tbsp
- 175g rashers shortcut bacon, thinly sliced
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray, to grease
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Slice off kernels from corn cob. Put extra virgin olive oil into a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add bacon and corn and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until bacon is golden and corn is tender. Divide in half, transferring to two bowls, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 170ºC fan forced. Grease the base and sides of 6 holes of a 12 hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin tin with olive oil spray.
- Cut 1 sheet of filo into 6 squares. Brush one square with a little of the extra olive oil, top with a second square turned slightly to form an 8 point star shape. Repeat layering with oil and pastry squares. Line 1 prepared hole with pastry to line base and sides, allowing pastry edges to come up above tin hole.
- Repeat step 3 to line 6 holes with pastry, leaving a hole empty in between each tart.
- Divide one portion of the bacon and corn mixture amongst prepared tin holes. Put eggs, ricotta and chives into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon egg mixture evenly into holes. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and egg filling is set.
- Serve pies topped with remaining bacon and corn mixture and a little rocket.