- 3 medium starchy potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp glutinous rice flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Cobram Estate light extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Cobram Estate truffle-infused extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil, add the potato halves and cook for 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Remove potatoes and place in iced water to cool. Once cooled, remove the skin and grate into a large mixing bowl. Add the rice flour and cornstarch and season well with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Roll the mixture out into a large thin log on a lightly floured surface. Cut into roughly 25 pieces and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Heat the light extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat, roughly 4cm high up the pan. Working in batches, add the potato gems and fry for roughly five minutes, or until golden and crispy. Remove and drain well, repeat for remaining batches.
- To serve, drizzle over the truffle-infused extra virgin olive oil and top with parmesan and fresh basil.