- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 5 eggs
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 block haloumi
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/4 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Combine quinoa and water into a small saucepan. Bring water to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid has absorbed. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, grate the zucchinis into a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine, then place into the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. While zucchini is in the fridge, use the same grater to grate the haloumi.
4. Place grated zucchini into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible (this step is vital for crispy fritters, so squeeze the absolute shit out of them. You might need to use a second tea towel, too).
5. Dry the bowl and place the grated zucchini back in along with the cooked quinoa, grated haloumi, almond meal, salt and pepper.
6. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and add to the zucchini mixture. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
7. Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat and add half of the Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add two tablespoons of the batter for each fritter to the fry pan and gently atten with the back of a spoon.
8. Cook fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel.
9. Add the remaining Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and repeat for the remaining mixture.
10. Serve hot or cold with your choice of toppings.
Recipe thanks to Balance By Monica