- 1 butternut pumpkin, halved
- 8 tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra VirginOlive Oil
- ½ tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves of peeled garlic
- 500mL chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sour cream, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Salt & pepper to season
- Optional bread to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with paper. Drizzle the cut side of the pumpkin with 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sprinkle over coriander seeds and place on tray cut side up. Add the diced sweet potatoes to the tray and drizzle with an extra 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until pumpkin and sweet potato are tender.
2. Heat 4 tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a heavy bottom pot, cook diced onion and garlic on a medium heat until softened.
3. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and scoop out the seeds; discard. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin and add to onion, discard the skin. Add in the sweet potato, as well as any juices from the baking tray. Turn the heat down to low, stir and season.
4. Using a stick blender or fork, start breaking down the pumpkin and sweet potato, then add the stock, stir. Allow to cool slightly before blending until smooth. Add in 2 tbsp sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.