- ¼ cup (60ml) Cobram Estate Ginger & Lemongrass Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 350g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm pieces
- ½ cup (75g) dry red lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 180ml can coconut cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
1. Heat 2 tbsp of Cobram Estate Ginger & Lemongrass oil in a saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until soft. Add garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2. Add pumpkin, lentils and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Add a little more water if it is very thick. Blend using a stick blender and add coconut cream. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. While soup is cooking, heat a small frying pan over medium heat and toast the coconut for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
4. Ladle soup into 4 bowls, drizzle with the remaining Ginger & Lemongrass oil and sprinkle with toasted coconut & chives.