- 4 pork sausages from your local butcher
- 1/2 cup multi coloured quinoa
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 red apples, cored and sliced into half moons
- 1 head endive, stem removed
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
- 2 Tbsp seeded mustard
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Roast Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly then place in a saucepan with the water. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until the quinoa coils unravel. Turn off the heat and place a piece of paper towel between the saucepan and lid. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the sausage contents from it’s skin and break up contents into small heaped teaspoon portions (no need to shape smoothly).
- Heat a frypan and add 1tbsp of roasted onion infused extra virgin olive oil. Add sausage portions and cook through for 5-8 mins or until cooked through.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
- Assemble the salad leaves and apple pieces in a large bowl. Sprinkle with quinoa and cooked sausage, then drizzle the dressing over the top.