- 2 whole free range eggs
- 2 free range egg yolks
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 large lemons
- 100ml Cobram Estate Light Flavour Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 free range egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar,
- optional 1 teaspoon cornflour
- optional 1 cup of seasonal berries, extra to serve
- 300ml pure cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Lemon Curd Method
1. Add eggs, sugar and lemon juice to a saucepan and gently heat until almost boiling and starting to thicken.
2. Remove from heat and stir through Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Pour into a very clean jar and refrigerate immediately (lid off) to stop the egg from cooking.
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time and continue to beat for a further 2-3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Fold through vinegar and then cornflour (this step is optional).
4. Spoon meringue mixture evenly on prepared baking tray in the shape of a rectangle.
5. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and turn out immediately onto a cooling rack, lined with baking paper and allow to cool.
7. Beat cream and vanilla bean paste until soft and fluffy.
8. Spread cream (longest side facing you) onto the pavlova roll, leaving a 5cm gap on the opposite long side. Add lemon curd to cream and berries. Using the longest side closest to you pull the baking paper up and start to roll the pavlova over quickly and gently to form a log. Roll onto serving plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
9. Serve with extra lemon curd and berries.