- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced into 2cm strips
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to shallow fry
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Combine flour and five spice powder in a large bowl. Put eggs in a second bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a third large bowl. Dip chicken pieces, 4 at a time into flour, then egg and then coat well in breadcrumbs. Arrange on prepared tray. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make slaw combine Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, vinegar, caster sugar and soy in a large bowl. Add cabbage, carrot, shallots and spinach then toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate whilst cooking chicken.
- Pour enough Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a medium saucepan until 2cm deep. Heat over med-high heat until oil reaches 180ºC or a cube of bread turns golden brown in 30 seconds. Shallow-fry chicken pieces, 4 at a time for 4 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is cooked though. Remove from olive oil using a slotted spoon. Drain well on a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Serve chicken with Asian slaw, sweet chilli sauce and lemon wedges.