- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans Italian cherry tomatoes in juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Extra ¼ cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 crumbed chicken schnitzels
- 120g tub fresh mozzarella, drained, torn into bite size pieces
- Extra fresh oregano leaves, to serve
- Mixed salad and crusty bread, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat an oven grill to high. Put garlic, olive oil, paste, cherry tomatoes and oregano into a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season then remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, heat the extra ¼ cup of olive oil in a second, large frying pan over med-high heat. Cook schnitzels for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Spoon tomato sauce mixture over schnitzels then scatter with mozzarella. Cook under grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and lightly brown. Season and scatter with extra oregano. 4 Serve with salad and bread on the side. (optional)