- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 500g assorted mushrooms, sliced (we used button, swiss brown, oyster & enoki)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 25g finely grated parmesan (about 1/3 cup), plus extra to serve
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Sour cream, to serve
Please note this recipe has not been Foodmap accredited
- Preheat oven to 220C. Put rice in a large (approx. 30cm x 25cm) roasting pan. Add 2 tablespoons of the Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and stir until rice is well coated. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put stock and wine into a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove roasting dish from the oven. Pour in hot stock mixture and stir. Carefully cover pan with a double layer of foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Remove from oven, set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Use a fork to separate grains.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms and thyme. Cook stirring for 10 minutes until onion and mushrooms are soft.
- Stir parmesan and half of the mushroom mixture into risotto and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into serving bowls and serve topped with remaining mushrooms and dollops of sour cream. Garnish with extra thyme leaves, parmesan and a drizzle of extra oil. Serve.
You can buy packs of mixed mushrooms from the supermarket, or you can create your own mix with your favourite mushroom varieties.