- 2 oranges
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- Icing sugar (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly brush a standard 25 cm diameter spring-form cake tin with Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Take the two oranges and slice off the tops and bottoms and discard. Chop the remaining middle sections of the orange (rind and all) into smaller chunks.
- Place them in a food processor and puree until blended but with some texture left.
- Add the Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the oranges and pulse until blended.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs with an electric mixer until they are light and fluffy and then slowly add in the sugar.
- Transfer the orange and sugar mixture into a large bowl
- Begin to add the flour mixture to the orange, alternating with the egg mixture in small batches, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to over work the batter.
- Pour into your prepared tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or just until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
A perfect dessert or afternoon treat