- 1 corn cob, husks and silk removed
- 150 gm (1¼ cups) coarsely grated manchego
- 150 gm (1¼ cups) coarsely grated smoked cheddar
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika, plus extra to serve
- 400 gm desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1½ cups (firmly packed) coriander
- 1½ cups (firmly packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 150 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tbsp lime juice, or to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Drizzle corn with oil, then grill, turning occasionally, until charred (5-8 minutes). Cool briefly, then slice off kernels and combine in a bowl with cheeses and paprika and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook potato in boiling salted water until tender (3-5 minutes), drain and crush with a fork. Combine with corn mixture and season to taste.
- For salsa, process ingredients in a blender until smooth and season to taste. Salsa keeps refrigerated for a month.
- Return pan or barbecue to high heat. Spread 4 tortillas with corn mixture, sandwich with remaining tortillas and grill in batches, turning once, until golden and cheese melts (1-2 minutes each side). Cover with foil to keep warm while you cook remaining quesadillas. Cut into quarters and serve with green salsa and lime wedges.