- 500g fresh tagliolini
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate CORATINA extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, or to taste
- 400g raw white crab meat, such as spanner or blue swimmer
- Small handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- Sea salt
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.
- When the pasta is almost ready, warm half the extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over low heat. Add the garlic, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and cook until the garlic is soft and translucent. Add the crab meat, along with a large spoonful of the cooking water from the pasta pan and stir gently until the crab is just cooked through.
- Drain the pasta, keeping aside a little of the pasta-cooking water. Add the pasta to the pan, along with the parsley, lemon juice and the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Toss to combine, adding more pasta-cooking water as needed to form a saucy dressing that generously coats the pasta. Taste and adjuste the seasoning with more salt, chilli flakes and lemon juice as needed to balance – salt, spice, acid – then serve immediately: for a nice presentation, plate with the sauce spooned along the centre of the pasta.