- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 celery stalks, cut on the angle 1 cm thick
- 4 dates seeded and cut into ½ cm slices
- 1 red apple cut off the core and sliced into ½ cm slices
- 2 tablespoons of chopped almonds
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of chardonnay vinegar
- Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30 grams of gruyere cheese, cut into slices with a vegetable peeler
- In a stainless steel bowl place all the ingredients except the chopped almonds and gruyere. Season well with salt, pepper and Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Place the salad gently on two plates or bowls and top with the chopped almonds and gruyere.
Variation: The chopped almonds can be substituted for a variety of different nuts like pistachio or cashew, and the gruyere can be substituted with parmesan.