- 6 large king prawns, peeled and deveined and cut into ½ cm pieces
- 200g of fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon of mild chilli flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of roasted pistachios
- 10 mint leaves, washed dried and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons of Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the fettucine and cook for one minute less than the packet instructions. Once the pasta is ready, keep ½ cup of pasta water and then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a heavy based fry pan on high heat. Add half the Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Once hot, add the chilli, garlic and sea salt and cook for 1 minute. Add the prawns and cook for a further minute.
- Once the prawns are nearly cooked, add the fettuccine and ½ a cup of pasta water, toss for a minute, then remove from the heat.
- Serve the pasta into two bowls, and finish by dressing the pasta with the mint, chopped pistachios, lemon juice, pepper and the remaining Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Variations: Instead of pistachio nuts, you can finish the dish with either small toasted bread crumbs or crushed roasted coriander seeds for some added crunch.