- 1 medium beetroot peeled
- 2 organic or free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Lashings of Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To boil the eggs, place two eggs from the fridge in salted boiling water. Boil for 5.5 minutes, then remove from the heat and place in an ice bath. Once in the ice bath, crack the shells and leave soaking in the ice water for 10 minutes. This method makes the eggs easier to peel. After 10 minutes, peel the eggs.
- With a box grater, grate the beetroot. Neil Perry recommends to always do this with gloves on, and place in a stainless steel or glass bowl to avoid any staining from the beetroot juice.
- Sprinkle the beetroot with salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and add Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Mix well and place a pile of beetroot split between two bowls.
- Cut the egg and place on top of the grated beetroot, season with more salt and Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
If you do not like beetroot, Neil Perry recommends that you can substitute the beetroot for grated carrot, fennel or celeriac.