- 2kg Australian Blue Mussels, debearded
- 50g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 1 Chorizo, diced small
- 1 Brown Onion diced
- 1 head of fennel, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 400mls Pizzini Riesling
- 500ml Salt-Reduced Chicken Liquid Stock
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 bunch of parsley, leaves picked and stalks sliced
- 1 Loaf of Coles sourdough
- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1- Heat Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pot and add onion, fennel and chorizo and saute down until the chorizo starts releasing its oils. Add garlic and chilli and cook until garlic softens and becomes aromatic.
2- Add tomato, mussels, riesling and stock and give a thorough stir through. Put the lid onto the pot and leave on a high heat and give a shake every 30 seconds or so. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shells have all opened up. Remove mussels once all the shells have opened.
3- Add butter, lemon and parsley to the remaining liquid in the pot and until the butter has melted and thickened slightly. Pour over platter of mussels and serve with fresh sourdough.