- 650g lamb mince
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp allspice
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 4 Tbsps Cobram Estate Garlic Infused or Cobram Estate Garlic and Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 700g passata sauce
- Pinch of brown sugar
- ¼ cup labne or thick greek style yogurt
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 4 loaves lebanese flatbread
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 cup store bought tabouli, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put lamb mince and spices into a large bowl. Season generously then mix well until combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls, using wet hands. Transfer to an oven tray and drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the garlic oil and toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan, add onion and cook stirring for 5 minutes until onion is soft. Stir in passata and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Arrange baked meatballs in hot sauce. Top with labne, mint leaves and an extra drizzle of oil.
- Serve with flat bread, hummus, tabouli and lemon wedges.
Please note this recipe has not been Foodmap accredited