- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate extra virgin olive oil, extra for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley leaves for garnish
- Pinch of sumac, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the eggplants on a lined baking tray and pierce the eggplant all over with a knife or a fork. Roast in the oven for 60 minutes or until the eggplant is soft and tender.
- Allow the eggplant to rest until cool enough to handle. Slice the eggplant in half lengthways and using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the minced garlic. Roughly chop the eggplant or mash with a fork. Then add to the mixing bowl along with the garlic. Add in the Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Oil and mix with a spatula or spoon. Add in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as a mezze with some olives, hummus and bread or a side dish with any cooked meats. Drizzle with Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle over the chopped parsley and a pinch of sumac.