- 120ml Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 zucchini, cut in half lengthways
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Pinch of salt flakes
- 1 small handful of flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 small handful of mint, washed, dried and chopped
- 75g of white bread, crusts removed
- 115g of blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sherry vinegar
- 110ml Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 75ml of ice-cold water
- Salt to taste
- For the almond dressing, start by soaking the bread in water for five minutes. Drain and place in a blender with the almonds, garlic, vinegar and Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Gradually add the cold water and blend on high for 30 seconds, or until a smooth purée forms. Set aside in a bowl until serving time.
- To grill the zucchini, heat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high, until slightly smokey.
- Use 80ml of the Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat the cut sides of the zucchini pieces. Place them on the chargrill cut side down until they are branded and darkened all over. Turn over and continue cooking until cooked through. Note don't cook the zucchinis until they are soft, you want to leave a bit of texture and crunch.
- Once cooked, slice each zucchini half into five pieces and place into a bowl, mix with the remaining Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice, salt and herbs, then let sit for two minutes.
- To serve dollop the almond dressing around the bottom of your serving dish, then arrange the zucchinis on top, spoon the oil and juices from the zucchini over and serve.