- 1 medium beetroot (approx. 180g of flesh, once cooked)
- 2 free range eggs
- 80ml Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup of raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ cup of raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
For the beetroot:
- Put the whole beetroot into a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 35 minutes or until a knife cuts through the beetroot easily. Remove from the water and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While still slightly warm use a paper towel to rub the beetroot skin off. Blitz in a food processor to a chunky paste. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
For the muffins:
- Heat an oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Whisk the eggs, Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sugar and vanilla for 2 to 3 minutes, until thick and creamy.
- Fold in the beetroot puree then gradually mix in the flour, baking powder, cacao and salt.
- Transfer the batter evenly into muffin cases. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch.