- 120g baby spinach, washed
- 2 medium-sized or 1 large mango, skin removed and flesh cut into fine slices
- 2 medium-sized or 1 large avocado, skin removed and flesh cut into fine slices
- 1/2 small red onion, very finely sliced using a mandolin or sharp knife
- 1 small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 small red chilli (seeds removed) finely chopped
- 1 x 400g chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (approximately 1-2 limes)
- 4 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup or honey
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Add the drained chickpeas to a small bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons of Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and then set aside.
- To assemble the salad firstly place the baby spinach leaves in your large salad bowl.
- Add the chickpeas and red onion to the salad bowl.
- Carefully arrange the avocado and mango on top.
- Scatter the mint leaves and finely chopped red chilli on top then pour over the dressing and toss gently.
Recipe thanks to our friend Amanda Mackenzie, Amanda's Wholesome Kitchen