- 3 medium mandarin, zested and juiced
- ½ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- ½ cup hazelnut meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cups raw sugar
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 3 large eggs
1. Grease and line a 28cm loaf tin. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl, place flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt, mix until well combine, set aside.
In another bowl whisk together sugar and oil until the colour changes slightly. Add in eggs one at a time, then add yoghurt and the juice of the mandarin.
3. Fold in the dry ingredients in to the wet mixture and then the zest of the mandarin.
4. Transfer mixture in to prepared tin, and cook for 45-50 minutes.
5. Checking with a skewer before removing from the oven to ensure it is cooked through. Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly in pan before turning out on to white rack to cool completely.
6. Combine juice of a mandarin and honey in a small saucepan, and melt under to make a syrup. Drizzle over loaf.