- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Chilli and Coriander Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to season
- 2 eggplants, halved lengthways
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Pomegranate seeds, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Pour Chilli and Coriander Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a medium bowl, add tomato paste and cumin. Season and stir until combined.
2. Use a small sharp knife to cut a crisscross pattern into the flesh of the eggplant, without cutting all the way through the skin. Use a small spoon to spread tomato paste mixture generously onto eggplant, pushing into the score lines.
3. Arrange eggplant halves in a baking dish. Scatter tomatoes and onion over the top. Pour 125ml water into the base of the dish. Cover with a sheet of baking paper, then cover tightly with foil. Bake at 180C fan-forced for 1 hour or until eggplant is very tender. Remove foil and baking paper, increase oven to 210C and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
4. Serve eggplant dolloped with yogurt and drizzled with a little extra Chilli and Coriander Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Scatter with mint, pomegranate, coriander and chilli. Serve with lemon wedges.